What happens in a session?
Usually when I go to visit my clients as session works like this:
- At the booked time, I arrive at your house and say hello.
- You tell me the story of the house: How long you’ve had it, why you bought it, what you love about it, what you hate about it.
- You give me a tour of the house, showing me all the bits you love, the problem areas and what you would like to change.
- We discuss the “Powerball” scenario. What you would ideally like to do if money were no object. All your wildest dreams are laid out to make this your dream home.
- We discuss scary things like budgets and building costs.
- We take the “Powerball” scenario and break it down in such a way that makes it affordable and achievable. This could be through adjusting the amount that gets built, or staging what gets built. We consider all possible options.
- We talk about time frames and possible staging options.
- After some consideration we set out what your options are. Remember “do nothing” is always an option. Sometimes there is one option that works best, other times there may be three, four or even five. Maybe we draw things, maybe we measure it out in your house so that you can clearly get a feel for how it can all work.
- We discuss what your next steps are. Who to call, what to do, where to go.
- I say thank you very much and wish you all the best with your project.
So how does that sound? Are you ready to give it a try?